### The Open Government Working Group is a group for everyone interested in Open Government Data.
### The Working Group’s purpose is to:
* Act as a central point of reference for people who are interested in Open Government Data.
* Develop principles for making official information legally and technically open
* Document the background and status of initiatives to make official information open in different countries
* Support the development of open government data catalogues around the world, and ensure different platforms are technically interoperable.
## Current Projects:
### The Open Data Handbook
The [Open Data Handbook](http://opendatahandbook.org/) is a guide for everyone interested in Open Data. It discuss the why, what and how of Open Government Data. The Handbook has been put together by a team of contributors from the Open Government Working Group. To contribute material, add a translation or suggest improvements, join the [Open Data Handbook Mailing List](http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/open-data-handbook)
### Open Government Data Catalogues
Support development of open government data catalogues around the world, and ensure different platforms are technically interoperable. Work will include:
* Technical support for setting up instances of CKAN in countries around the world
* Introductory guide to open government data catalogues